Fraggle Razzz newblog

ITS PINK BABY! ITS FUCKIN PINK!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

bad connection/mistaken identity

it was a bad connection my own words echoing back to me
a pause between what you said and your words reaching me
it was a bad idea a case of mistaken identity
i should never have left i should have stayed
leaving is all i know how to do
just like light through trees i flicker and fade
pointless speculation
just trying to understand what the hell happened to me
like something that hit me while standing still
this bitter breath remains
still trying to break it before it breaks me
stray dogs acompañarme
endless nighttime walks
restlessness near legendary i can only rest while in motion it seems
i should have walked away
i should never have cried
not for this disaster zone that is you and me
but ill eat my words tonight in my solitary bed as i fall asleep whispering hush
recordaré levantarme en luz tal como miel
light from a window that backlights your sleeping self
i have no choice but to remember being rocked in your arms like a baby
as i try in vain to finish composing this desolation song
wanting to whirl through whatever time is needed for you to stop lurking in my head
you are
and remain
lying in wait
a landmine in my head a whisper on my lips
something that stands between me and the rest of the world
and you
¿Qué imagenes tú?
was it so easy to leave and pick up where you left off as if nothing happened?
if so nothing did
nothing passed between us
we never really met
it was all just a case of mistaken identity

6 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Jeff Pollet said…

    "was it so easy to leave and pick up where you left off as if nothing happened?
    if so nothing did
    nothing passed between us
    we never really met
    it was all just a case of mistaken identity"

    Made me cry. Way too close to home--but I guess that's a good thing.

    Thanks for saying things that hit so close to home for me, though you couldn't have known that would be the case.

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Rachel R. said…

    oh. man. yeah. whatchoo gonna do...i gotta say this shit to somebody..

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Jeff Pollet said…

    Yeah. That was my reply, at first, to people who told me they'd rather not be talked about (even as an abstract reference) on my blog: This is an outlet for me; this is my version of screaming something from the rooftops, at least some of the time. And all of that comes down to I gotta say this shit to somebody.

    Just glad you say some of it where I can read it.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Rachel R. said…

    man what kinda fuckin crazy whore would be like hey your venting cannot include even anonymous references to me...im glad im not getting any of that, the boys in ques are actually known to drop in and read they damn selves, nacho said i been called a lot of things but never a carb...and j is just..j

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    'i been called alot of things but never a carb'

    HAAAAA-HA!
    sad poem funny comment

    i really don't think you were mistaken, y'know, about the identity.

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Rachel R. said…

    espero que tu tengas razón..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home