Fraggle Razzz newblog

ITS PINK BABY! ITS FUCKIN PINK!

Friday, September 01, 2006

its not easy to cause a scene at mission and 14..

but if anyone can do it its me.

so the weekend was spent packing and organizing and then sunday was the big move, we gathered eddy and kermit and jasmine and headed to js place to begin loading shit into the uhaul it was more than a little complicated due to the fact that j is currently moving some stuff to his two week sublet and some to his storage to await further moving fun in two weeks while some of my stuff was at his place and headed to the dollhouse plus theres the enormous monstrosity armoire which j promised we would drop off in the mission so thats three stops and the uhaul has to be back by 5

you can imagine we busted ass arranged and organized and moved shit into the truck in order to dropoff and then headed to the dollhouse where we dropped my shit, then to the place for the armoire where the new owners neglected to inform us that they live on the top floor of a set of rather thin stairs so we wrestle the beast upstairs where it looks lovely in a room seemingly built for it and the folks there assure me they will love it as well as i have but at this point i care far less and am much more concerned about our insane schedule and trying to get js shit dropped off in time to eat something and then head to vs for the rest of my crap

so we head to bayview where the uhaul dropoff and storage is and unload js shit and have some fun wheeling it down a long hallway and stacking everything up in the little room i am crazy caffienated and tired but its lots of fun still so we smoke and joke while j waits in line to turn his shit in

then off to diner with the helpers and vs to pack up my stuff and then home depot where we arrive with a single minute to spare in order to order my paint for my new room then back to the dollhouse where we unload and i fall exhaustedly asleep..

monday i paint and unpack and tuesday is the first day of school which i attend in paint stained overalls my hopes of finishing in one day brutally dashed despite the night spent on the studio floor waiting for the floor in my room to dry

tues afternoon marty and i take blocks from the dance studio and stack them in such a way as to hoist my furniture in through my open window above the studio, with him pushing and me pulling as i run around unpacking he helps me paint the trim dark purple plus an accent wall...

its a little sloppy and still not dry exactly the floor as i find when i move my shit in scraping up the floor but im too tired to care so i unpack rearrange hauling random junk out of the room and the little balcony area outside which belonged to the previous roomie june and trying to maintain the studio floor clear and falling exhaustedly into bed at midnight

the next day i sleep through my 7am alarm and my 9am class and only wake to my boss calling me to tell me what she needs me to have down by friday which is the first day back to my job...

i groggily awakend and decide to smoke out back even though i know i should do it in front and this is how i ended up stuck outside of my new place in pjs with a cigarette and a book and a lighter sans shoes wallet keys phone contact lenses...

didnt i check the door you might ask and the answer is yes, i checked it from the inside and the knob turned and only a cold click alerted me that i had jsut locked myself out..

the neighbor let me in and let me use her phone as i frantically attempted to recall even a single number. i talked to kermits work and he wasnt in nobody picked up at js and the only other listed and official number i came up with after internet searches and 411 failed to turn up anyone i know, was vs grandma sabrina.

so i called sab which was fun, she said oh dear let me just get this toast out of the oven while i anxiously waited and then the doorbell rang and she said well its always everything at once isnt it and then she said now what can i do for you dear and i said well sab ive gotten myself in a bit of a pickle..

she gives me vs phone and v doesnt pick up and i have run out of ideas and am about to cry when the neighbor whose name is also rachel returns from walking her dog and says why dont you get a key from charlene? and im like of course she works here in the mission why didnt i think of that

so we called mumu(charlene) and borrowed flips from rachel and set off down mission in my pjs where trannys and crack whores and homeless folk mission hipsters and latinos stared and grinned and sometimes yelled out hey you punky brewster nice pjs or ya estas en pijama eh or you girl whatchoo doin? well it was a long walk but i could hardly see anyway so i just marched my butt down to mission thrift where mumu took one look and burst out laughing...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    seriously YOU KILL ME

    yosemite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home