Fraggle Razzz newblog

ITS PINK BABY! ITS FUCKIN PINK!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

bad connection/mistaken identity II

if id only listened more closely to the silences between your words
the spaces in which i heard
only my own breath
if only id never left
but id been leaving since the day we met
the you i address is a shifting thing
sometimes you sometimes him sometimes me
you again
and in the spaces between us you are carried to me like a smell in the wind
i see you in certain mannerisms hear you in parts of speech
and this other you this he this me
lost drifting revuelta girando
siento tan sola y no puedo dejarte
i cant seem to leave far enough to leave you behind
i wanted so badly not to feel trapped but this thing i feel now
i wouldnt call that free
just sad and stupid and scared and turned inside out
and the wanting you that im not allowed to do
turning to a burning rage firing me like clay
dry eyed heaving chest heavy feet kicking up sand
concrete
out of town
city streets
i cant seem to get far enough away
and this other you seperated by an ocean airmailed to me on purple sheets that lie beside my empty bed empty lips empty hands
i miss you so much J
miss waking next to you miss your touch your smell your giggly laugh
being held so tight felt like i couldnt fall
what did i know of how things hold
when you take the supports away

4 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Jeff Pollet said…

    Man. It's weird to enjoy sad poetry so much, knowing it's coming right out of your heart, Right Now.

    But you say it so well--
    "i wanted so badly not to feel trapped but this thing i feel now
    i wouldnt call that free"

    Damn.

    And then, I click on comments and I see j's comment and y'all got me bawling again.

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Rachel R. said…

    hey maybe you could tune in when you need a good cry like renting a really sad movie or something..

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Jeff Pollet said…

    Well, I tune in for the happy and the sad, for sure. I mean, no crying during the happy pants story--even though it was tinged with some sadness at casual kissing gone awry.

    But yeah, I get some catharsis from reading your blog in general, and you know, the poetry, and you and J and all that, it's some emotional stuff, even for those of us on your periphery.

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    i know this so well...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home